STATE ARCHIVES OF THE POLTAVA REGION (GAPO, DAPO)
1. Lozovsky Avramov, Zolotonosha tradesman. worked on the construction of the Grishin-Rovno line as a stone carter. Owned a 3-horse phaeton, owned no real estate. Unknown conscription year.
In 1917, the following residents of the town of Zolotonosha changed their jobs to evade conscription into the army. (Some of the information was from Zvenigorod district police records.)
2. Kabanchik Srul-Naim Naftulev, a tradesman, worked in haulage business. Worked in the Burty, Shpoly area as an excavator (grabar?).
3. Yurovsky Avrum Yankelev, tradesman engaged in the carriage trade; worked as an excavator Burty, Shpoly, Zvenigorodsky dist., Kiev for contractors, Borzyak & Shulezhka.
4. Kanevsky Alter Duvidov, a Jewish teacher & tradesman, worked in Kiev province for contractors, Borzyak & Shulezhka.
5. Ostrovsky Moisey Zelikov, a tradesman, was a central number owner (??) in Zolotonosha. He took a job as a construction foreman at the Darnytsa station, Kiev, for the building of the Grishino-Rovno railway line.
6. Konchinskiy Aron Elyevich, tradesman, former clerk in the store of Iosel Rabinovich, took an excavator's job at the Bogushevskaya Rigo- Orlovskaya railway station.
7. Rabinovich Elya Ioselev, son of a 2nd guild merchant, worked in the iron trade. doing excavation for the Perlamuter & Milstein contractors, for the building of the Minsk-Molodechno railway line, near the city of Minsk. He took a position for the same contractors for the construction of the Vitebsk-Orsha railway line, near the city of Vitebsk.
8. Glantsev Srul Peisakhov, tradesman, formerly in the grocery trade, took a job at an excavation works in Kamenka, Chigirinsky dist., Kiev. (info. from Sonya Mendelevna Khutoryanskaya)
9. Genis Yevsey Moiseyevich in the crockery trade in Minsk prov. (info. from Rakhil Meerovna Genis [ovoy]).
10. Lvovsky Yankel Simkhovich, grain trade tradesman, left for the Vyatka province.
11. Giler Shlema Duvidovich, tradesman--buyer of raw leather?? Borzyaka.
12. Samoilovich Bentsion, worked in excavation; & Elya Aizikovs, was a saddler. They worked for excavator contractor Grinberg, in Akkerman, Bessarabia.
13. Eisinskiy-Myasnik Nota Nekhemyev, manufacturing tradesman. Took a job in the office of Lisak & Yarovetsy, excavators, in the Zvenigorod dist., Kiev, as a row-worker of earthworks along the Tsvetkovo-Zhashkov Yugo-Zapadn railway line.
14. Faynberg Leiba-Movsha Itskov, tradesman, worked in excavation, on the construction of the station in Kozonskaya, Vyatka prov.
15. Zhitinsky Shlema Leizerov, merchant & tradesman, worked for the Grinberg office, constructing of a railway in the Bessarabian province, presumably in Chok. (info. from Khana-Gitli Meerovna Zhitinskaya).
Military Personnel, 2nd Precinct of Zolotonosha district, Who Took Work That Exempted Them From Conscription
1. Mogilevsky Meer Yankelev, tradesman in a manufacturing shop, 38. 1900 conscription. Took position working on the Grishino-Rivne railway line in Khorosky dist.
2. Datskovsky Isser Moiseev, tradesman in a grocery with his father, 27. 1910 conscription. Took a position building the Vyatka dist. railway lines.
3. Shmidt Ezer Moiseevich, tradesman in a grocery with his father, 35. 1902 conscription. Took construction position working on the Vyatka dist. railway.
4. Kolchinsky Duvid Gershkov, Zolotonsha tradesman, 32 (about). Conscription as a 2nd category soldier, date unknown. Worked from March 1916 in various trades. Took position constructing the Grishino, in the Kremenchug dist., Svyaslavskaya volost.
Persons Who Left Trade for Work Outside of Zolotonosha Dist. in Order to Evade Conscription
1. Turchinsky Chaim Gershkov, tradesman; had a shop in the village of Irkleev. 1902 conscription. Took position at the station in the Tsvetkovo, Cherkasy dist.
2. Levit Duvid, tradesman; had a shop in the village of Irkleev. 1900 conscription. Took position at the station Tsvetkovo, Cherkasy dist.
3. Kolchinsky Peisakh, tradesman; had a shop in village of Irkleev. 1900 conscription. Took position at the station Tsvetkovo, Cherkasy dist.